Understanding How Invisalign® Works in Orthodontics
Orthodontics is an area of dental practice that focuses on the alignment of the jawbone and repositioning of teeth. It is a way for patients to enjoy beautiful smiles and optimally functional mouths.
The only way such results can be realized in orthodontics is through the use of dental appliances called teeth aligners. Many exist in the market, some more preferable than others. Today we look at Invisalign® Houston TX, how they work, and what makes them likable for orthodontic treatments.
What Is Invisalign?
It is a term used to refer to invisible teeth aligners that are viable options for use in orthodontic procedures. The invisible teeth aligners get their name from how they are made. They feature a plastic-like material forming a tray of teeth aligners that are transparent in color. They come highly recommended by dental experts and beneficiaries, even celebrities.
If you are thinking of getting Invisalign near you, the first order of business should be to familiarize yourself with the teeth aligners. It matters to know a thing or two about how these clear teeth aligners work and whether or not they would be fitted for your treatment.
How Do Invisalign Aligners Work?
Invisalign in Hillcroft Avenue are very different from traditional braces. From their very appearance to how they work, clear aligners cannot be compared to traditional brace. Some of the important things you must know about how they work are:
- They rely on exerting controlled pressure – like with all orthodontic procedures, Invisalign braces work by exerting controlled pressure on your teeth. This pressure is introduced in your mouth to cause a shifting of your teeth.
- The process relies on bone regeneration – when pressure is exerted on your teeth, the goal is that your teeth will start moving slowly but surely. This relies on the concept of bone regeneration, so that there is new bone tissue being produced underneath your gums. The new tissue will become the support for your teeth in their new position. It is also how jawbone realignment works.
- Consistent pressure – one of the factors that makes the clear aligners likable among patients is the fact that they are removable. This gives them freedom to wear and remove the aligners as they wish, which means that the aligners with not impale on your freedom of what to eat. However, the freedom does not come without a restriction. For you to yield any results in your treatment, you require to keep wearing the clear aligners. It is recommended that you keep them in your mouth for between 20-22 hours every day. This ensures that the pressure exerted on your teeth is consistent over the stipulated period.
- A change if trays every couple of weeks – the only way to adjust these trays of aligners is by getting new ones every couple of weeks. The new tray will be tighter than the previous, to continue the shifting process.
- Oral hygiene is paramount – one thing few people know is that these clear aligners stain easily. If you are not intentional about keeping them clean, then you sabotage your oral health. Besides as your teeth are shifting, it is a crucial time to ensure your gums and bone tissue a healthy and free from any infection.
- Mild and moderate orthodontic treatments – unfortunately, the excitement of getting the invisible aligners is not something that everyone can enjoy. While Invisalign braces are effective in moving teeth, the only work for mild and moderate dental misalignment. Complex orthodontic cases are best treated by traditional braces.
Should You Choose Invisalign For Your Treatment?
Choosing a dental appliance allows you to exercise control over your oral health. An important thing is to consider the recommendations of your dentist during your consultation. Some of the reasons that could influence your decision include:
- Cosmetic advantages – given as they are clear aligners, you can comfortably showcase your smile all while you continue with your treatment. Better yet, the results after your treatment will be worth smiling about.
- Comfort – the material used to make Invisalign braces is soft and gentle to the mouth. This way, your gums are protected even while you continue your treatment.
- Flexibility – clear aligners are removable allowing you the flexibility to pick and choose what you want to eat.